Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Day 22: OSU Student Union

What a building!  I loved the interior of this place as soon as I walked in, so I decided to do an environment.
I didn't have a ruler or anything, and I found that using the side of a charcoal pencil is a lot "messier" and less exact than a colored pencil.  I also didn't plan out the composition beforehand, but started with that window and worked my way outward, which led to problems that I thought I could erase, but the charcoal didn't erase as well as I thought it would.
Let's just say if I did it again I'm pretty sure I could do it better...


2 comments:

  1. I love all your drawings especially the ones with environment. Mine are so cartoony...but I guess that's a good thing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kirsten,
    "Let's just say if I did it again I'm pretty sure I could do it better..."

    That's why you do it the first time ;)

    Good foundations in your figures... the interior looks great. Maybe try putting the value contrast you have here into the figural work.

    ReplyDelete